Re: Renewing XP support [was Re: W2K issues; etc.

Carl,
I used Foxit under WXP and liked it well enough. I ran across Sumatra yesterday when I was Googling PDF readers for W2K, and almost downloaded it, but there was something about the download site that didn't inspire confidence. I do very much like the idea of a "portable" PDF reader.
I am a big fan of Foxit nowadays. I discovered Foxit when newer versions of Acrobat Reader stopped working with my Adobe Acrobat 6 on the same machine. By installing Foxit Reader alongside with Acrobat 6 I could view PDFs inside my browser. By the way, the PDF reader Firefox installs as default is crap and should in any case be replaced by a Foxit or Adobe Reader plug-in. Foxit PhantomPDF is a more compact product and a lot cheaper (if you own an old version of Adobe, contact Foxit sales for competitive upgrade at half price), and works nicely enough. Jordan, >When I come across something that appears to have some continuing reference value, I try to take no chances. Either I print it out to hardcopy, or save it to disk in HTML or as a PDF. That is a lock, if it is detailed, technical, 'How To' type information, which may later disappear. If you use Firefox, install the Scrapbook add-on, this does everything you need. You can save web pages (or a selection of a page), bookmarks, and browse the archive you create. This is a must for documenting the Internet. For IE, there are similar alternatives, but they lag seriously behind. Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx *** Lexitec Online *** Lexitec in English: http://www.lexitec.fi/english.html Home page in Finnish: http://www.lexitec.fi/