Re: OT question - Copernic Desktop Search

Harry Binswanger wrote:
I find it a mess. I prefer everything off
the root.
My wife uses Total Commander instead of Explorer. I see that it's got a
4.95 out of 5 rating. Hmmm, I'll get it myself (it's shareware).
I just found something called 1-abc.net File Finder. Haven't
tried it yet, as it's on a DVD, and that involves copying from
another machine to a flash drive. The screen shots look a tad
messy, but supposedly you're able to specify more than one folder
at a time. (That's great if true, as I frequently know it must be
in one of two or three top-level directories; and even 9x's Find
couldn't do that.)
You can make Explorer Search for hidden and system files, you
just have to tell it, explicitly, to do so. But this business of
its not finding files that are there? I've never had it happen in
a healthy system, but have heard reports thereof. Lynn, was there
any pattern to the files it couldn't find: did they or their
directories perhaps contain a character, such as &, legal in 9x
but not, really, in NT?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx