Re: which computer

> Xywrite is essential to my life as a professional indexer. I have written
many
> programs for indexing. I convert files to Cindex, a Windows program, for sorting
> and delivery. I am very conversant with it--and entirely ignorant of computer
> issues below that level.

I'm with you, Harriet! As I said, I use an ancient 486 as a DOS only computer
to run XyWrite. Is that an option for you? And my husband has found a DOS
emulator that works on my up-to-date computer.

Also, he's putting together a new tiny computer in a box for me. (How's that
for a high tech description!) Something new with no moving parts, which will
also run DOS. This is for when the 486 dies. I can get you details on that, but
I think it'll work out more expensive than the $650 and you'll need someone
tech savvy to do it for you.

Jo