Re: XyWin

≪ XyWin questions:

[...] I work entirely in draft view. It's my default. At times
 the system goes into Page-Line view without my telling it to do
 so. I can't trace all the instances but one for sure is when I
 do a search and the search word doesn't exist; i.e., not found.
 A message on the status line says: "Going to formatted view with
 page breaks." Suddenly I have page breaks and lines across the
 screen at the break. So I set the view back to draft view but
 thereafter whenever I do a Save, the status line message "Going
 to formatted view with page breaks" reappears and I'm back in
 Page-Line view. I can't get it to stay in draft view. ≫

Hi, Bob. I've never used xyWin, so can't address your other questions,
but xyDos4 does the unbidden change of view modes too. It's one
of the principal things that drove me back to xyW3, although
the esteemed Mr. Holmgren assures us that it's not a bug,
is a feature, and, further, is good for us. There was some
discussion here a few months ago of workarounds, as I recall,
d something= changes added to save key sequences. Harry, do
you remember?

≪ (4) Crashes and lock-ups. Mamma mia. An appropriate XyWin icon
 for Program Manager might be a mushroom cloud. Maybe a toxic
 warning symbol. Perhaps a no bozos graphic. As it is, I suspect
 an RIP tombstone is the only choice. Regrettable. ≫

Regrettable is right, if the vapors overcome you. I quite enjoy
your wry msgs, much as I appreciate the aggravation that motivates
them. I do sympathize. 				--a