Re: kill1a.exe [was Re: word EOF]

≪ Attached is kill1A.exe, a DOS program that will produce a 1A-less copy
of your Word file, without altering the original. It is a quick-and-dirty
program with little error trapping, but should work. ≫ --Harry
Binswanger

What a great xyWrite utility! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Harry.
I've needed this in the worst way for years. (kill1a.exe works, of
course, on all dos files, not just Word output.) You're my eof hero--the
first to post the nifty dos copy solution to zapping eof eofs, and now
this even more welcome midfile-eof zapper. It solves a huge persistent
xyW3 problem since v3--unlike xyW4--has no way to finesse midfile eofs
on its own. You inspired me to break out the old C compiler and write a
CC-1A.EXE that does the same but is more of an xpl extension, allowing
uninterrupted pgm flow by using args for input and output file names and
requiring no confirmation (displayed file shorter than xyW sez it should
be? BC and "do cc-1a [file_name] -mfeof", if exist -mfeof, ernv
[file_name], ren -mfeof [file_name]); at my www site. Can't say how
grateful I am to you for posting kill1a. ... Ciao. 	--a

http://www.escape.com/%7Eadpf/_xypro.html ===============================