Re Y2K bug in Date

Thanks to everyone who sent or directed me to the update, and thanks,
Carl, for the very thorough explanation (which I've printed out and will
add to my looseleaf book of XPL programming tips).
Adel asked how to get a Euro-style date. Normally, the defualt date
format goes in SETTINGS.DFL, where for what you want (european style
29-09-2003) you'd enter
df dz=ddmmyyyy
that, however, will give you 30092003 in your text if you issue the
command DA. To get the hyphens in there, you need to include the format
in the DA command, thus:
DA dd-MM-yyyyy
If you expect to use that a lot, I'd save the command/code to a SG and
load it to a key in your keyboard file. The trouble with entering it in
STARTUP.INT is that it would insert that date in your initial, untitled
file. It seems a tad odd that that's the only way to get the hyphens in,
though, so maybe the experts know another way.
Patricia