Re: Xy4 Instability

>Regarding the keyboard problem, I will need more information other than the
>keyboard freezes for 10-15 seconds. We have not received wide reports of the
>keyboard freezing, so I will need some additional information, such as under
>what circumstances it freezes. It might be TSR related, but I will be happy to
>look into this further.

  I don't think it's TSR related, since it was doing it on my
Zeos PPC which had no TSRs at all, and also on my Concerto --
both under windoz and
OS/2 -- and both without the Multilex TSR. I've been watching for
any sign of any error message -- or the autosave function -- when
it happens, but haven't seen it. I do notice that with the
Concerto (but this wouldn't be true of the other two machines)
there is a definite freeze sometimes when the HD is "waking up"
-- which puzzles me, since XY isn't trying to write to disk then,
and is running essentially in memory the rest of the time, so why
freeze then?

>You also mentioned that tech support told you that the problem with xykbd.com
>was corrected in later versions. I remember telling you that the com file was
>built into the editor in later versions, not that it would correct your
>dictionary problem. Once again, if the com file corrects the problem, keep
>using it.

  No, not that it corrects the dictionary problem per se, but
that it fixes the jumping cursor that happens with the stock XY
spell check and that was supposed to be fixed in 4.016. And I
clearly remember you telling me not to use it -- which I haven't
been, because I thought perhaps it was the cause of other
problems.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the
answer is NO.