RE: Networks are for corporations and offices, right?

--
> Patricia M. Godfrey
> PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx

I would have a problem with Google if those paid links weren't clearly designated as BEING paid for.
They're visually set apart and marked "sponsored links". Because of that, I'm able to
train my eye to ignore that area (I literally don't see ads in newspapers either...I'm pretty sure
it's because I'm cheap and hate to spend money). As long as they do that, I don't have a problem
with them. The minute they make it difficult to tell an ad from a true hit, I'll be gone and not
coming back.

> AltaVista was giving me lousy results. Anybody know of any other search engines?

My second choice after Google is always one of the "aggregate engines", like
www.ixquick.com or dogpile.com (and now that I notice, it looks like most of the search engines are
doing that "sponsored links" thing. I have to say...Google's presentation is the easiest
to see (I mean "not see"). I've gotta give Google another point there.

-BrianH.