Re: Networks are for corporations and offices, right?

Robert Holmgren wrote:
if Volvo was called Holmgren instead
of Volvo, I'd stand a good chance of having holmgren.org taken away from me by
fiat

Hah! Very good.
 On TV or in print media etc, they can do that, because
they buy the time or the space. On the Net, they can't -- there's nothing to
buy (that's GOOD!).
Except that they're trying to. Surely you've heard
about Google's bright idea to let sites pay to have
their URLs be put at the top of the search list? Now
that, I think, we can agree is outrageous. I stopped
using Google in protest, but AltaVista was giving me
lousy results. Anybody know of any other search engines?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx