Re: XY in DosBox (XP)

** Reply to message from Michael Norman  on Mon, 22 Mar
2004 18:04:05 -0500

>> Does moving the mouse cursor out of the Xy window make any difference?

> This was interesting. Yes, when I click anywhere on the desktop border
> that's showing, the second cursor disappears, but then I have to click back
> in the dos box to activate it and the second cursor reappears.

Hmmm... You click on the "desktop border that's showing". The desktop border
that's showing. What exactly do you mean -- anywhere on the Desktop outside
the box, or on the Toolbar of the box, or that picture-frame XP border around
each window? Then you have to click back "in the dos box to activate it".
Why? Can't you click on the icon in the SysTray (bottom of monitor screen)
instead (in order to AppActivate)? Do you have it set up like XWindows, so
that the active app is the one that the mouse cursor is floating over? Ugh!
Try this: Go back to the PIF or else make two icons, one LNK (launch
w/CMD.EXE), one PIF (w/COMMAND.COM), until you sort this out. Launch the PIF,
then RMB on the Xy's SysTray icon and "Hide Mouse Pointer".

FWIW, I don't see this double-cursor behavior under XPPro ... I think it's
something in the setup.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx