RE: HOAX! Re: [Fwd: Fwd: Fw: new virus out read & pass on] --stop sending chain letters.

	Hi Bill

It's an interesting question. I tried Eudora for a month AND Outlook Express
AND Maximizer AND GoldMine for a long time. I generate phenomenal amounts of
e-mail because of my job - I run a large PR company. I have to synchronise
against two handhelds: a Compaq and a Nokia 9110. I need a diary, contact
system and e-mail integrated. Say what you like about Outlook (and I've had
a personal run-in face-to-face with Bill Gates about it!) it's the only
package out there that can do the above and keep my life in synch.

And I've tried EVERYthing and I keep on returning to Outlook because of its
integration and compatibility. Also, when I have to do a major e-mail
campaign, it's the ONLY mail package that allows me to insert text directly
from XyWrite. Eudora doesn't do it as smoothly or as fast.

But it doesn't mean I like it and everything about it or the company. I am
MS public enemy number one in South Africa! Believe it ... of my generation
of computer journalists (about 40 of us) I was the only one, as a senior
editor, never invited to Redmond.

I lost lots of sleep over THAT!

Frank

> Frank Heydenrych wrote:
>
> > Just for the record, I am very computer-savvy, I use Outlook and I
> > wrap myself around with all the security and antivirus protection I
> > can get, and still the KAK.B worm snuck on to my machine. As Harry B
> > says, go figure.
>
> Frank,
>
> If that's the case, why continue to use Outlook? There are all sorts
> of good mail clients out there that do not have Outlook's many
> faults. I have yet to hear of a compelling reason reason for using it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bill
>
> ---

≪application/ms-tnef≫