Re: Typing allergy

Reply to note from "Robert Holmgren"  Mon, 5
Jan 2004 03:34:53 -0500

> > At long last, I have installed RUNCODE on a key.
>
> Lord, you can't put every program on a key!

True, Robert, but if I had to choose one, RUNCODE would be it. I've
had it on Alt-R forever. Passing args is no big deal: just put the
arg on the CMline. The next best thing to having every program on a
key, as far as I'm concerned.

> RUNCODE is great for snippets and demos and little stuff, but
> ... you now have three copies in memory (plus the overhead
> of RUNCODE itself). Thus OOM can loom (Out Of Memory).

Good point. But for big stuff there's an easy workaround: have
RUNCODE SAveDeF the block to a file and RUN the file. We could
define "big" dynamically (and conservatively), in relation to the
VAlue of $M+6 at runtime. I'll send you a revised frame privately.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx