TameDOS and NumLock

Harry: I solved the slow cursor problem when upgrading from Win 998SE to Win 2000 and XP Home and did not introduce Num Lock flasing by putting CN in startup.int. If, after loading, the cursor is still slow, I hit the Num Lock key one or more times, checking the cursor speed each time, until the cursor speeds up. I decided awhile back that TameDOS was not necessary. I still have use of the numbers and arithmetic functions in the Number keypad but not the arrow keys. Keyboard setting is 69=TN. I'm using Xy DOS 4.018.

Jim Eberle
More Xy-problems re upgrading from Win98 to XP.

I installed TameDOS but am having Num Lock problems--flashes off and on erratically. Michael Norman in a post on Dec. 26th was able to follow the TameDOS site's instructions about editing the registry to eliminate this problem (though other problems remained for him).

I would like Michael, or someone else, to tell me the exact steps involved in adding the new key and new value to the registry. I know how to use RegEdit (at least insofar as it's the same as on Win98) to delete entries, but I don't know how to do this (from TameDOS's site):

"To disable the numlock toggle, select the user key or the system key, create a REG_DWORD value named ResetNumlock and set it to 0."

Thanks.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx