Re: Wildcard error message

Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  Tue, 21
Jan 2003 13:02:40 -0500

> Carl--is there any way to make DREF run with CI, rather than
> CV? It took me a half an hour, and my index finger was lame
> from pressing Y, to get that file cleaned up. I realize CV is
> safer, but since I always keep the original file, ...

I imagine that Robert (who wrote DREF) might be persuaded to add a
No Verify (/NV) option to that program. The risks of No Verify are
obvious, but also easily avoided (work on a copy of the file, or use
REC[A] to recall the disk version to screen -- before SAving the
DREF's modifications, obviously! -- if the results turn out to be
unsatisfactory).

By the way, although the Index of framenames in XYWWWEB.INF doesn't
identify the author of the listed programs, you can always find out
who the author of any program is by issuing HELP "against"
(i.e., with the cursor anywhere within) the program's Index listing
or detailed Help screen (if the frame has one). This takes you to
the corresponding frame in U2 itself, which will have the author's
initials and (in most cases) the last-revision date. Commanding
HELP against the U2 frame takes you back to the Index
listing or Help screen. In this respect, the HELP command is a
toggle. (For details, command HELP HELP and scroll down to
"Special Usages". The HELP toggle is described in paragraph 2).)

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx