Re: XyWrite and OS/2

Richard Sherer wrote: "This raises another question about TTG
and their marketing practices. In addition to never receiving
their upgrade fliers (if there have been any), I can't remember
ever seeing an ad for XyWrite, and I haven't seen a package in
the stores since III+. One way to increase the user base to a
profitable level would be to sell the product!"

We have sent out many tens of thousands of updgrade fliers for
both DOS and Windows to the names in our database. Many users
have responded. If you did not receive one it could be because
you are not in the database, or you have moved and we do not
have your current address. Much of this mail is not sent first
class, and bulk rate does not get forwarded.

You are correct that we do not do much advertising. We have done
some, and for the most part it is not a particularly efficient
use of marketing dollars.
 We are looking for more targeted publications in which to
advertise, or whose subscriber list we can mail to, and would
welcome suggestions on that score.  Also bear in mind that a
large percentage of our sales come through the OEM's who package
XyWrite with the publishing systems they sell.

We have also held back a bit in the last year or so in marketing
XyWrite because of some things we are working on that should
provide a broader market for the product. When those things are
ready for release, we expect to drastically increase our
marketing efforts.

We would be happy to send you any literature you would like, and
would be happy to put you on the mailing list for the next
upgrade mailing.

K.