Questions About XyWin

Dear SysOp: I have several questions _re_ XyWin (v4.11):

 1) I seem to have lost control over a great many keystrokes in my KBD. For
example, if I map func CC to its customary (for me) place on F10, the cursor
always makes an unwanted stop on the "-" button on the Main Menu line --
instead of simply shuttling back and forth between text and header as I desire.
What that means in practice is that I hit CC to move the cursor to the header,
start typing a command, execute it -- and nothing happens! because the cursor
isn't on the header, but rather sitting on that "-" button (a button which
performs no word processing function at all)! I've tried to override this with
XPL, but no success. (Is there a default, or combination of default tests,
that allow me to determine when the cursor is on that button, ? la $VAriable
TX?) Likewise, I can't control some of the Alt-keys (e.g. Alt-H, Alt-I) --
they jump to the Main Menu line and must be "ESCaped from" manually before they
will execute the task that I've assigned to them in KBD. How do I change this
extremely annoying behavior?

 2) KBD Table Alt-Shift won't respond _at all_ (I'm actually striking
LeftAlt+LeftShift). No function! Table is "TABLE=ALT+SHIFT,SHIFT+ALT". Keys
are:
 KEYS=105
 RCTRL=99
 RSHIFT=54
 LCTRL=29
 ALT=56
 SHIFT=42
 CAPS=58,T:C
 MOUSE=105

 3) Using default UI=1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2,0,0 to clear up the screen seems to
activate a long PRompt (\688) that I can't get rid of, and which -- far more
important -- wipes out any PRompt that I deliberately put on the PRline.
Moreover, \688 gets written to the PRompt line with EVERY keystroke, which
causes incessant flicker and slows the whole show down measurably (around 100%,
by my measurements). How to get rid of?

 4) How do I get rid of the Title Bar (topmost line) for a 100% clean screen?

 5) Default BK seems broken. Although I set BK=0, after a period of time I
find .BAK files on my disk anyway. Any other reports of this?

 6) What replaces C-frames in XyWin? (Why aren't you guys consistent in the
NAMES of these frames? Originally, C-frames were XPL frames like Type-5; then
they became pull-down frames for plain text; now they're -- what? Who knows...
In XyWin.DLG, it says that Type-L frames are pull-down frames; but I can't get
them to work in U2... you *could* do it with Type-K I suppose, but there
aren't any instructions for K-frames in the Manual... grrrrr)

 7) How to get func SD to work? The frame for it is in XWDLG.DLG -- {{C,0g}}
-- but how do I access it? Likewise func SW doesn't work anymore!