Re: No more XP lag with Tamedos

** Reply to message from Michael Norman  on Sat, 25 Dec
2004 16:14:15 -0500

> 2. With the last line you mean "[guillemet]EX[guillemet]," producing a
> delta, yes?

Yes. In this "pseudo-code" notation, e.g. , "<" and ">" ALWAYS stand for
real guillemets.

> BX DEFAULT DR=C:\XY Q2 ;*;
> BX LOAD C:\XY\SETTINGS.DFL Q2 FF ;*; <== this has a PP: table, yes?
> BX LOAD C:\XY\PERS.SPL Q2 ;*;   <== move to bottom of file, before NR
> BX LOAD C:\XY\XY4.MNU+C:\XY\XY4.DLG Q2 ;*;
> BX SETP 1 Q2 FF ;*;
> BX LOAD C:\XY\XYWWWEB.U2 Q2 ;*;
> BX LOAD C:\XY\XY4.KBD Q2 ;*; <==move above, after SETTINGS.DFL
> BX DSORT F,E Q2 ;*;
> BX DIR Q2 ;*;        <==you can't open a window here, and then...
> BX Default SL=26 Q2 ;*; <==...set the window size here
> BX ;*;  <== No BX!!! That could cause MAJOR problems.
  You're not "Blind_eXecuting" anything; you're just putting content
  in a Save/Get -- there is no Q2 to complement the Blind_eXecute, so XyWrite
  could go bananas here
> NR

Michael, make the BX DIRQ2 command _last_:

... NR BC BX dirQ2

I'm just curious, why the func FFs? Why do you need to force a screen refresh,
which is what that does? BTW, do you have a DeFault DR= spec in SETTINGS.DFL?
What does it say? If you don't have one, you should have one...

Change this around, and then tell us what anomalies persist. I don't think
Tame has anything to do with it. And to attribute any bad action to setting
 is ridiculous. That's a completely passive assignment -- same
as if you said . Does nothing, means nothing (in this
context), cannot POSSIBLY have any effect -- *unless* it is improperly coded.

When you quote from STARTUP to an Email, do this: copy STARTUP to a temporary
window, put your cursor at TopFile, and command "<12B". That will
turn the whole thing into pseudo-code. Then Paste that into your Emailer. No
hand editing required, and the formatting will be precise. (Lots of strange
space chars up above...)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx