RE: U2 version 119

Reply to note from J R FOX  Fri, 6 Jan 2006
18:51:31 -0800 (PST)

> > It's crazy to have little programs sitting around in
> > separate files. Fold them into U2! We'll show you
> > how. (We've SHOWN you how, dozens of times! But,
> > being nice guys, we'll show you again.)
>
> And that would certainly be welcome. OR, if there is a
> definitive citation on this (or any other query) already in
> XySearch, you could simply list the link.

OK, here's a link:

http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/xysearch.cgi?xywrite/2004/msg01628.htm

That post of mine from December 2004 includes a program that will
create a set of Help frames from your loaded .SGT file. You merge
these frames into U2 (at top or bottom of file, wherever you
maintain personal programming), and edit the KBD file and
STARTUP.INT, as per instructions in the program. Do it once, and
you're done.

If you ever want to change the output of a key, all you need do is
edit the appropriate frame in U2. For example, if you want to
change the program or text assigned to Alt-E, edit U2 frame {{5@E}}.
That is, command NABFRM @E, edit the code as necessary,
then command LOADHELP to reload U2.

I've been using this system for years, and it works very well.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx