Re: Off TopicCD-R

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

> It's not that I get the notorious buffer underruns; it's just that the
> disks often cannot be read.

Patricia,

I move between various machines, on different trips, carrying in various
directions
CD-Rs (and, once in a rare while, a CD-RW) written by different burners,
almost
never running into the problems to which you refer. (CD-RW is definitely
riskier,
and more non-standard.) I have made my share of coasters, mostly before
moving
to a more current-technology burner, and I have gone one session too many on
the
odd disk, wiping out some of the prior TOC, and thereby losing access to some
of
the recorded contents from earlier sessions. But such problems have been
rare.

Jordan