Re: R: Change Invisibles: migrating from Xy 3.55 to 4.017

Adriano Ortile wrote:
> Leslie,
> I think the two examples do not the same thing.
> The first one uses real brackets, i.e. the the characters used by Xy for
> its formatting commands, while the second example uses a 3-byte
> representation of the same characters, the ones you can use on a regular
> text. They do not contain any Xy command.

Of course. Thanks much.

> To verify this, first type:
> "ctrl-<", then the text "mdbo", then "ctrl->", then write what you want:
> your following text will be in bold and you do not see the command (unless
> in expanded view);
> Now type:
> "ctrl-alt-shift-174", then "mdbo", then "ctrl-alt-shift-175": you will see
> this "regular" text: ≪mdbo≫.
> So your second example searches for the real text "≪MDUL≫Jack≪MDNM≫"
> not the underlined Jack.
> Best regards

That _must_ be it! But here's the curious thing: I use 174/175 precisely
because it easier is to edit and refine the XPL when formatting does not
show when you are editing. Anyway, if you use BC/XC instead of BX/Q2
Jack _is_ found. Interesting, eh?

Cheers!

--
Leslie Bialler