Re: finding your site again and problem

Bruce Felknor writes about problems printing diacritics. I read the message
with sympathy, thinking "Where would I start with this?" and being glad to
be in a forum populated by people who'd know. But, since none of them has
yet spoken up, I, who have only been here a week, shall put in my
uninformed two yens' worth.

First: these diacritics that you can't print--you can *see* them on the
screen?

> I'm running Xywrite 4.011. . . .

For DOS, I suppose. (There's some ambiguity.) If it's for Windows, print
via Windows--and thus use the printer driver that demonstrably does work
(for MS Word)--and not directly from XyWrite.

If it's for DOS, hmmm. It's some time since I last used any printer that
didn't claim to be LaserJet such-and-such compatible, and I'm getting
rusty. If you have what XyQuest or the Techie Group claims is the right
printer driver, it's hard to believe that this is quite as hopeless as you
say. Have you perhaps set up the printer itself in some incompatible way?
For example, I have a Brother laser printer that, via jabs at its control
panel, can be made to think it's a LaserJet, an Epson dot matrix, a Diablo,
or god knows what--even a Brother laser printer. Other printers may be
switchable via DIPs.

(Finally, I can't see the relationship that you seem to imply between
footnote numbers and superscripts on the one hand and MDUL on the
other--but suppose that a typo is to blame.)

Peter Evans