Re: Dosemu, Linux, XyWrite -- another clipboard kludge

>From: Paul Lagasse
>Try this (if you have dosemu -- it doesn't work in dosbox, at least not in
>the relatively unmodified dosbox setup I have):

Hi Paul,

Just for fun I tried your selection/mouse clicks in Dosbox. Not surprisingly, as you noted, nothing
happened. Since I don't use Dosemu and haven't even got it set up properly to test, I can't
experiment. Sorry.

I should also note that you are using your mouse to do a lot of stuff that I do by keyboard. Even if
your technique above worked well in Dosbox, I wouldn't do it, simply because I can't stand taking my
hands off the keyboard to click the mouse. I find it much faster to learn a keyboard combo, and use
that.

>From: peregrine@xxxxxxxx
>My experience with Linux has been very satisfying, too. My first experience
>with macros of any kind was in XyWrite III+, and it stands to reason that
>more than 20 years later there'd be a reliable Linux solution for building
>macros. Thanks for the heads-up on Xmacros, Bob.

Hi Jeff,

Please let me know if you find out how to use the xmacrorec2 program that allows you to record
keystrokes and mouse clicks. It won't work on my machine. at least not obviously. I think I got it
to work once, but this was by accident and I couldn't duplicate the right commands later.

Google searches reveal a number of variations in the command that people use to to activate
xmacrorec2. These differences seem to be related to different versions of Xmacros. As the versions
changed so did the commands. For example, it took me a while and a lot of expermentation to find the
precise command that runs Xmacros successfully on my Linux box. With xmacrorec2, however, I still
have not been able to figure out the right command.

Bob
4708 Montgomery Place
Beltsville, Maryland 20705
301-937-0394