Re: Foreign and special character codes showing in XY4

Dear Carl
Setting the code page to 437 in XP solves the problem, even though the code page in AUTOEXEC.TXT is 1252. Curiously both setups, XP and Windows 7 were identical with 1252 in autoexec.txt and 850 set in STARTUP.INT. I have now changed this to 437 in the XP setup (in a virtual machine) but left it at 850 in Windows 7.

Thanks for the solution to the problem.

Paul
PS Do I pay any price for changing from 850 to 437? I cannot remember now what the differences are.