Re: Dos Box creepers and more

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. R. Fox"
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 2:16 PM
Subject: Re: Dos Box creepers and more

> michael.norman@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > At 11/7/2002 11:27 PM -0500, Martin J. Osborne wrote:

> > >    Can you cut an paste between
> > >programs running under different OSs? Is switching between XyWrite on
> > >the W98 to a program running under W2K as simple as pressing alt-Tab as
> > >in a single OS system?

-----------------------
Re: interaction between partitions under different OSes:

 For what it is worth, I have a hard drive partitioned under Commander into
a DOS-box (mostly for Xy3+) and a W95.  The DOS virtual drives are C:, D:,
E: & F:. The W95 virtual drive is beyond the ken of DOS. However, when in
W95, the W95 virtual drive identifies itself as C:, and
renames the DOS C: drive as G:. W95 recognizes all of the remaining DOS
virtual drives by the same name as under DOS. Consequently, when running
W95, I am able to read from and write to each of my DOS virtual drives.

While I would not exactly call this "cut and paste," and I cannot run DOS
and W95 programs simultaneously (except by opening a DOS window in W95),
Commander's permitting some file transfers between operating systems does
have its uses.

Fred