Re: Signature book

≪ While wandering around lower Manhattan seeking any
"Computer Surplus Close-Out Barn" type of stores ≫
			--Jonathan D. Beard

Jonathan--Ha! Good luck. If you find a store like that
anywhere in Manhattan, pls advise at once.

≪ that might have SyQuest EZ 230 drives for cheap prices--
now that the company has gone into bankruptcy for good-- ≫

You were in the right neighborhood, too late. After SyQ
laid off half the staff, a couple of months before stopping
production altogether, J&R closed out 230s for $80 each.
You can console yourself that anyone who bit (I did) can only
pray another manufacturer will go to the trouble of making
and marketing cartridges. The incentive is underwhelming.

≪ I found two stores selling new and old computer books
at discount prices. ≫

Ruby's and Computer Book Works? J&R also has a big books
dept, discounts but no used.

≪ Neither had any XyWrite books, but one did have two
copies of a teach-yourself Signature book. If anyone is
desperate to learn how to operate Signature, I could pick
up a copy ... ≫

The pages have long been yellowing in CBW. CBW had a few
copies of the Rothman a while back, and for a long time
several copies of Art Campbell's xyW4 xpl macros book
(which slips now and then and calls xyW4 Signature)
but B&N (now defunct) Sales Annex had the Campbell cheaper.
Anyone interested in learning how to operate Sig also
could visit CBW's site http://cnct.com/bookworks and
save you the s&h. But no one should get his/her hopes
up of finding The Book there. In the many years I've
haunted Ruby's (used to have a whole computer books room)
and CBW, I've never seen a copy. ... Ciao. 		--a