Re: Using XyWrite with XP OS Was: Re: Xywrite history

However, there are problems in using it on my laptop, as I described in my prior note ≪ I didn't realize laptops map the keyboard differently from desktops. I use my laptop as a second computer for trips and such. I was thinking of using it as my primary machine--with a docking station, perhaps. But if it can't handle XyWrite while a desktop can, I can upgrade to a fast new desktop with Windows XP and use XyWrite there. ≫ Question: when XyWrite appears on the screen, is it in DOS mode or is it in a Windows window? Try changing it to the other mode [use ] and see what happens. ≪ I tried it both ways. Yes, the fonts are only a problem in the DOS/full-screen mode. They look okay in a Windows window. But under Win 98, the fonts look okay in either mode. So again, the question is what's different about Windows XP. Rob Schmidt