Re: XYWIN and w95, etc.

On 26-OCT-1996 15:33:55.9 xywrite said to LESLIE319
  >A word of peripheral advice to unwary new subscribers seeking
  >xyW/win95 information: On the xylist as anywhere else on the 'net,
  >consider the source.

  Indeed. Standing O! Thanks Annie.

  >Beware of shills for also-ran OSes who try to
  >substitute technobabble for hands-on knowledge,

  Yup. Learn the names of these vituperative little weasels.
and put them on your own personal "must to avoid"
list.

  >who post disinformation
  >obtained from MSophobic alternative-OS newsgroups or a first-hand
  >quickie encounter devoted to proving win95 inferiority to their OS
  >of choice.

  Dang! And I was just about to ask if XyWrite 4.0 will run on my Timex
Indiglo. Guess not, huh? Well, it was time to migrate to a new OS anyway.

  >Odd as this may sound, before you heed what's posted here
  >about xyW and win95, be sure the advice is from someone who *uses* them.

  Fisher from way downtown! Yesss!! And the foul. Fisher goes to the line
for a rare four-point play.

  >I never see Windows or dos users rushing in with advice on using xyW
  >under other OSes, but that doesn't seem to work both ways.   --a

  Well look, darlin' it could be worse--suppose there was a Mac version of
XyWrite and we had posts from those critters.

   Cheers!

   --Leslie--

`[1;35;42mRainbow V 1.19.1 for Delphi - Registered