Re: Virtualization answers

On 9/3/13 3:03 PM, Bill Troop wrote:
> I would like to run XP (for XyWrite only and preferably 'standalone'
> XyWrite) and be able to dip into Mountain Lion whenever I feel the need.
> Can I use VPC to run the Mac image from Virtual Box or can I use
> VirtualBox to run the VPC XP image? Or is there some other way of doing
> this?

Why do you want/need virtual XP? If you are running only XyWr, why not
go with a much simpler virtual Dos emulator?

≪(b) is there any way I can turn off internet access in the XP virtual
machine (since I don't need it) so that I wouldn't have to worry about
security issues? ≫

Go to the network settings and remove the default gateway and DNS server
addresses (but leave the IP address and subnet mask as is). This makes
your machine (virtual or otherwise) invisible to the Internet, both
directions, but still visible to your LAN.