From: Patricia M. Godfrey
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2008 8:11:38 PM
Subject: Re: optimal settings (was - available memory)

Brian Henderson wrote:
> And I was hoping for a list of optimal setting for the (incomplete) set of PIF, LNK, BAT, and NTVDM shortcut pages:
> http://www.xywrite.com/tips/pif.htm

Wouldn't do much good in Windows. You cannot set those things any
more. On XP, you can set memory, but only under http://command.com,
which loses you the ability to have a distinctive icon on the
titlebar or the quick launch area. And not at all in Vista. The
tabs are there on a pif properties page, but they have NO effect.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
mailto:priscamg@xxxxxxxx

Looking for last minute shopping deals? http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping