Thanks very much to Harry, Robert Holmgren, Tim Baehr, and
James Eibisch for thoughts on loading up files when starting
XyW III+ from Win95. And sorry for the delay in acknowledging!

Robert: About the command that invokes an alternative
startup.interest file, I think it's only XY IV. I can't
find it documents in Xy III+, and if it's the command

	 editor text.txt,alt-up.int

it doesn't work in Xy III+. (Is that the way the command
goes?)

So I've been using a mixture of stuffit, a keystroke stuffer
that respects XyW (many don't) and Harry's method of using
alternative startup.int files got by renaming them (renaming
them back has to be done, I think, from the alternative
startup file itself). Both methods require different bat
files to invoke the stuffer or do the renaming; the stuffer,
however, lets me get away without the second additional file
needed for startup.int purposes.

Again, my thanks to all--

David

Professor, Ph.D. Program in Philosophy
Coordinator, Cognitive Science Concentration
Graduate School, City University of New York
33 West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036-8099
Internet: drosenth@xxxxxxxx
http://web.gc.cuny.edu/dept/cogit/cs.htm