Re: Off Topic: Seeking equivalent Mozilla feature

Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I haven't looked at OCR programs for a long time. With the speed of change in the electronic
world...there might be something workable now.
Bry, take a look at Abbyy FineReader. I'm not sure what its list price is (I got it free with an upgrade to a British DTP program that I keep upgrading in the hopes they'll produce an intelligible manual, but they never do), but it does a really good job. It flags a lot of things as questionable, but they're usually OK. (And the stuff I was scanning would throw a human proofreader.) Mine is Professional, vers. 6.0 (www.abbyy.com).

Patricia M. Godfrey