Native XY SEarch in NB

Dear Carl
Further to my last email I have made a clean installation of NB, without any modifications, and tried the native XYWrite SEarch with and without a space between the file mask and the search string. I neither case does it work with this installation. If it should be expected to work under these circumstances then it would seem to point to some underlying hardware, operating system feature as the cause of my problems. Is it worth asking other NB users in the group to see whether they can reproduce any of these problems?

Best wishes

Paul