Re: xy to Word

** Reply to message from "XYSANZA"  on Tue, 20 Dec 2005
15:32:14 +0100

> If you have a version improved of CLIP.EXE, though it fails he would be
> grateful for it to you so then we use it very much.
>
> Regards and happy Christmas from Spain.
>
> JESUS SANZA

A new version is posted at XyWWWeb:  http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/CLIPW32.ZIP
Xy4 files are in the XY4 directory of the ZIP. CLIP.EXE goes in Editor's
directory. You require a _new_ CLIPW* frame for U2 (included in the ZIP as
CLIPWXY4.FRM). Extract it from the ZIP, CAll it into a XyWrite window, and
command: ADD2U2Helpkey>. There are two REGistry settings that are pertinent
in Clip: "1252" (set to "N" unless you use ANSIfied XyWrite); and
"ChunkSz" (a
NEW setting with this version), which should be set to 8192 in WinXP:
ChunkSz=8192 (9x and Win2K generally accept higher values than XP.
CLIPWXY4.INF is a revised Help frame for Clip.

If anyone needs help doing non-standard CodePage conversions, e.g. between two
apps using CP 437 or 850 (e.g. two versions of XyWrite-DOS), ask.

Please report any errors to me. We've been using it for two weeks without
difficulty.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx