Re: Msg# 10404

Jim,

In re. Quark: At Columbia University Press we edit in XyWrite and then
transmit the files over the LAN to production/design which uses the NAPS filter
to make the conversions.

We prefer the DOS version 'cause we can use the color modes more flexibly than
in XyWin. E.g., MDNM = blue background, grey text; MDIT = magenta background,
grey text. And, for redlining, which we use a lot during the editing process:
MDIN = green background, black text; and, as you probably guessed by now, MDDN
= red background, black text.

We use the XyWrite style commands as codes. For example:

≪SSX,ip=3,0≫ = default text size. ≪SSQ,ip=0,0,lm=10,rm=70≫ = block
quotations

Note that we put no font or point size commands in; those are done in Quark
style sheets by the design dept.

Regards,

--Leslie Bialler--
Columbia University Press