Re: DOS printers

Any printer that runs or emulates HP's PCL (page control language) should be able to deal with XyWrite's DOS printer drivers. My stepson has a Brother LED printer with HP emulation, and XyWrite 4 ran fine on it with the HP3 printer file. And my wife prints Xy4 into an HP6L using the HP4 printer file. What you won't get, I believe, is resolution beyond 300 dpi regardless of the printer's specs, unless there are tweaks to the printer file I don't know about.

Tim Baehr