Re: capital search

Suggestion: since xy files are (almost) pure ascii, why not program what you want in perl and run it as a child process out of XyWrite? Perl deals with regular-expression wildcards, ascii ranges, etc., and would seem to be ideal for text tweaks that XyWrite's XPL doesn't handle.

Perl is almost as maddening to learn as XPL; if you have no experience with it, it would be worth
hiring someone who has. (Not me - it's been too long, and I was never any good at it.)

Tim Baehr