Re: XYWRITE digest 1152

Reflecting on Norman Baumann's comment about his next computer having
Linux. I too am worried about not being able to use XY3 DOS on future
iterations of Windows. I've now got Win98 and that is OK. But I heard it
did not do well on Win2000 and I did not get it specifically for that. I
likewise will avoid WinXP as I have no need for it.
But what about Linux in the future? Does XyWrite run on that? Does it
allow you to use DOS?? That would be our out if future Windows versions
simply do not allow us to use XyW.
And what about Linux or RedHat trying to revive the TTG code and selling
it? It would seem to be a perfect match. I live in Durham, NC, home of
Red Hat, so maybe I'll look those guys up and see what they think.
Just finished a pretty good book entitled GOTO on the history of
programming and coding. No mention of XyWrite, but a good interesting read
about FORTRAN, COBOL, C, C++, Java, and many other programming languages.

Bill