Re: Xy & Ansi

I agree totally with Dorothy Day. Nathan, your experiences with
NotaBene are not typical. I do realize that this is not the appropriate place
for this discussion, but you did make some rather sweeping accusations there.
I am gradually learning to use XyWin as my other word processor, and I think it
has considerable potential. But
NotaBene, especially the new version 4.2 release with both Ibid and
Orbis, is far too good a product to dismiss on the basis of one person's
anomalous experience.
Now for a quick XyWin question: on occasions, especially when using some
smaller point sizes, my screen gets cluttered what looks like left-over pieces
of letters or smears and blotches. I am trying to set something in three
snaking columns, and on at least one occasion all I ended up with was an
unreadable clutter. Only by switching to expanded view and back to graphics
view was I able to regain my text. Is this normal, correctible, whatever?
Best regards,
Bill
William H. TeBrake       BITNET:  tebrake@maine.bitnet
Department of History      INTERNET: tebrake@xxxxxxxx
University of Maine       TELEPHONE:207-581-1923
Orono, Maine 04469-5774, USA  FAX:   207-581-1947