For Marv Katz Re: `power' v wp xyW (long!)

> I don't know an XPL or a REXX from a donut (and, yes, I run happily under
> OS/2 Warp), and most of the recent discussion here strikes me as akin to
> the efforts of the militant militia efforts to turn around the nation to
> satisfy themselves and their own concepts of what the Constitution
> _ought_ to say.
> > --Marv Katz

Thanks. How refreshingly sapient. Such sober reflection --
brings us all back down to earth. At last we've found an
archetypical user to inhabit the profile: note well. You don't
know what we're talking about, but you have an opinion of it
anyway -- and you need to tell us. Look, Marv: details do
matter. Maybe not to you, but to people who think about the
future, who have a hand in it, who want to make a mark. You may
be content to take whatever you get, but frankly -- I'd rather shape the software.
If we were discussing the Constitution, would hot opinions be permissible?
I submit that these *are* philosophical matters. "Without Opposition is No
Progression," said William Blake. But I don't need to tell you
that, you're a writer.

I don't operate in Annie's world, yet to me its obvious that she
knows whereof she speaks, that she's thought deeply and
seriously, and that the issues you're "replying" to affect her
profession generally and her own work. What's more, she actually
expresses *ideas*! They're just pouring out. It's possible to
learn from somebody like that. If you're interested. But when
details don't matter to you, why not just delete the message and
pass on quietly?

=======
Robert J. Holmgren holmgrn@xxxxxxxx
=======