RE: suppress page breaks?

William.

In my experience, STRIP.PRN under XyWin does not actually insert page breaks
or form feed characters when you print to file. Instead it looks at how long
your page is defined to be and inserts line feeds to fill any empty lines
between the bottom of your text and the end of the page.

I have had good luck in minimizing those extra line feeds by modifying the
.PRN file. Under Generic Defaults and Settings (or strip.prn) , try adding
DF TP=0,0
DF BT=0,0,0,0

then, under Vertical Spacing Table, change the settings to read

;     VERTICAL SPACING TABLE
;
VU=1,1,100
VS:1
   <==nothing but a simple carriage return here, i.e. erase the ascii 10
;
;   MICROJUSTIFICATION SETTINGS

Good luck.

Doug Beeson