Re: Window out to XyDos4

  Well, my experience with 800x600 (and on 3 different video cards now) is
not very satisfactory. With my Tseng card, it didn't really work at all,
with the last two, 800x600 works, but requires major readjustment as you
described -- and that is true in dos, linux, and os/2. I have thought that
it was my particular monitor (Viewsonic 6), as other people *do* use 800x600
without much problem, I guess. So maybe that is what is happening with yours
also.
 I much prefer 1024x768 -- but then I seldom use windoz, and I've noticed
that windoz looks annoyingly fuzzy at that resolution, with my current video
card (#9GXE64), whereas os/2 and linux look great. Maybe you could get used
to the higher resolution -- it does take a little bit, but you can make the
windows bigger, use bigger fonts, etc., all at 1024x768. At least you can
easily enough in os/2 and linux -- when I run windoz apps, it's as an os/2
window or win/os2 fullscreen, so maybe that's different. Anyway, why not
play around more with the higher resolution? I don't think there is any fix
for the readjustment needed on the monitor when using 800x600 -- it seems to
be something endemic to that resolution, at least with some monitors.

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

"Facts an' facts, an' t'ings an' t'ings: dem's all a lotta fockin'
bullshit. Hear me! Dere is no truth but de one truth, an' that is
de truth of Jah Rastafari."
			 -- Bob Marley, 1978.
Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or local equivalent.