Re: email-style italics: MARKUP.PM

Robert Holmgren wrote:

That depends. If you're going to port your text to ANSI
(i.e. to Windows apps), then you want to change " and " to o
(char 147) and oe (148). Change `' to ae 145 and AE 146. If
you're staying in the XyWrite world, "" becomes 264 and 265,
`' becomes 266 and 267.
Oh, of course. Sorry, I've been going through the Hungarian
filters for so long (because if I'm exporting, I've got a lot
more formatting than quotes or accents), and the Speedos chars
convert perfectly (at least to WordPerfect), so I just use them,
so I can print (with TYP) in Xy first, and then if I need
something fancier (booklet, say) export to WP.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx