Re: XyWin & bug vs. feature

Jimbo, you leave out the balance of what Robert said. To wit:

> >My recollection is that you don't get this undesired toggle unless you have
> >either tables or graphics within your document. (Maybe some other
> >situations, too -- I forget....

Setting the Wrap Fit to zero didn't work for me, either. But as
Robert pointed out, tables (and other things) are also part of
this equation. I work with CT tables (documentary screenplays
using the two column audio/visual format) and so as soon as I
eliminated the CT formatting per Robert's post, the problem went
away, completely. Of course, I have no desire to eliminate using
CT because it's essential to my work, but at least I was able to
zero in on where the problem stemmed from. I don't know enough
about the efficacy of this implementation but I can say the
uninvited switch to page/line view is intrusive, annoying, and
slows things down. (Hmm, I sound like I'm talking about visits
from my in-laws.)

Anyway, the problem (I consider it a problem at this juncture)
has been identified. One fix that comes to my mind (a la
Windows) is switching to Word for Windows.

Regards,
Bob