Re: XyWin

** Reply to note from "Bob Brody"  Tue, 14 Jan 1997 03:32:59 +0000

Re the undesired toggle into formatted (page-line) view, it's caused by
your Wrap to Fit setting =1. Wrap to Fit was not part of 3+ (it's a great
enhancement, which Annie ignores in her facetiae -- BTW, I simply explained
the logic of this behavior, and suggested workarounds; I called it a
"feature" because it is intentional, ergo not a "bug").

My recollection is that you don't get this undesired toggle unless you have
either tables or graphics within your document. (Maybe some other
situations, too -- I forget. Great that TTG Tech Support is such an active
participant here, isn't it?) I seldom see it, and I spend a lot of time in
WG mode.

Locate the KBD key which performs SAves. I assume it says something
like "nn=SA" or "nn=BX,(,s,a,)". Comment that line out with a semicolon,
e.g. ";nn=SA". Replace it with this:

 nn=NOBX,d, ,w,f,=,0,Q2SABX,d, ,w,f,=,1,Q2

If that doesn't work, then try:

 nn=XPSAWG

(I'm a little hazy on 3+ these days, but I definitely recall that this
latter command is what Xy3+ *always* did, in its underlying hardcode -- I
mean, you didn't actually issue XP,SA,WG but that's what EDITOR executed,
in fact.)

Give 'em a shot... Lemme know.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx