Re: New PostGhost and Xy2PDF frames - XyShell NOT Required

** Reply to message from Patricia M Godfrey  on Mon, 20 Dec
2004 17:58:05 -0500

> Would it be OK to remove some of those really gosh-awful fonts (like the
> Hersheys: what were they thinking of?) so as to make room for some
> others? If so, would one need to remove
> anything from anyplace besides the font definitions (FO) table?

Removal is no problem. MAKE A BACKUP of POSTGHST.PRN first! Delete references
to HERSHEY in the FA table, and remove also the Hershey FO tables -- *but*,
BEFORE you erase the FO tables, get the names of the WiDth tables referenced in
the several Hershey FO tables (on the UseWidth line "UW="), go find the
referenced WD table e.g. "WD:HRGRR" in POSTGHST.PRN, and remove all those WD
tables *first*. Then go back up and delete the pertinent FO tables. Then SAve
your work and reLOAD or SETP. If you made any serious mistakes, it won't load.

> I've just remembered that some of my TrueTypes also came in PS
> (if the disks are still readable).

Yeah, well, erasure is easy. The difficult part is adding new fonts, and doing
it right. Do you know how to generate correct WiDth tables? There are utils
in U2 to do that... They gotta be *correct*. Otherwise printed output will
look "gosh awful", especially if not rag right.

Assuming the fonts are good ... don't forget to share your end result with us!

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx