small caps

Hello -

Attached is a program fragment that takes selected text, changes it to all
caps, and adjusts the height to 70% of current size and the width to 75% of
current size. The effect is akin to small caps, but not of course the real
thing. [The fragment is in my customized DLG file and is accessed from a
customized MNU file. You can put it anywhere you want, of course.]

One big problem is that you can't intersperse full-size caps without making
the conversion selectively on just the portions of words after their initial
capital letters. Klunky. I'm wondering if a (perhaps undocumented?) feature
might be helpful: The command RG 1 forces all text into caps no matter what
has been typed. RG 2 forces lowercase letters. RG 0 [zero] returns things to
normal. I've got to think some more about this.

Cheers,
Tim Baehr
[advance apology if this comes thru as both plaintext and formatted]

XyWrite XPL program