new xyStuff ...

"[...] all I can say at the moment is it will be this year." --Ken Frank

Thanks for the info, Ken. XyWrite users are used to waiting, and waiting, and
waiting. At least it's for functionality on top of amazing power, not waiting
for every operation to finish, as with other word processors.

"[...]The downside of doing that is we have to cut things off and do a lot of
testing prior to any release [...]"

Beta testers???

"[...] I would have felt very foolish if I had invested major resources,
which are in limited supply in a small company, on an OS/2 version, only to
see the desktop evaporate."

Given that IBM stuck us with the 80x86 architecture, created the Redmond
monster, all but buried xyWrite, and never understood anything but big
institutions and corporations, the desktop evaporation hardly comes as a
surprise to anybody not wallowing in denial. Glad you didn't give Blue a
second chance to bury xyWrite. ...

Seen any black helicopters hovering over Baltimore yet collecting the "list
of every directory (and, potentially every file) on your machine" [quoting
the "Warning to TTG and all!" red alert]? Wonder if MS is hiring staff to
process all that information collected from gazillions of computers, or if MS
has computers so staggeringly powerful they can instantly determine which
code merits pirating. Do please advise when the black helicopters arrive over
TTG. 	--a

========================== annie fisher  nyc