Re: Off topic: CD-R | Backup

Re hard-drive as backup:
You can also have a system with slide-out hard drive trays, such as those from
Lian-Li.
I have, for years, had a slide-out tray. I rely on it only because I
haven't gotten my firewire enclosure to work. The annoyance with the tray
system is that it is not hot-swappable. And not
hot-turn-on-and-offable. And I don't want to keep the backup drive running
all the time, because some viruses attack not just the C: drive but all
active drives.
So, every wednesday, I shut down, turn the key that activates the drive in
its tray, reboot, back up, shut down, turn off the other drive, reboot. A
small annoyance for attaining IDE speed, but still more annoying than
simply flipping the power switch on the firewire enclosure.
and having some sort of backup box. If I do that, I'll probably opt for the
drive trays.

They are cheap. I think it was $30 per set. Get several.
Jordan

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx