Re: Why no Y branching in mail; Where is list?

≪	Why isn't the Xylist on any other lists? ≫ --Daniel Say

≪	[...] it is a subscription list that most of the world sees
correctly as catering to an odd and eccentric interest. ≫ --Nathan Sivin

Thousands and thousands of editors and writers who've used xyWrite
in newsrooms around the world for a decade and a half probably
would agree. That doesn't mean a lot of xyUsers aren't out there
who'd be as delighted to find a xyW forum as the relative few of us
who've succeeded in discovering one of the 'net's best-kept secrets.

≪	why, when I do reply to a message to the list, does the reply
go to the person only and not the list (or also to the list)? ≫

≪	That is a matter of how you have set up your comm program. ≫

My comm program, dos QModem, doesn't control how my email program,
unix elm, handles replies.

My elm installation's default configuration works just fine
for all other email and worked just fine for the xylist till
the rocket scientists who had earlier brought us the notorious
h*lp taboo set up the new ccat server. All other servers are
out of step, only the current ccat server configuration is in?

I'm most reluctant to redo my elm setup so it works properly
only for the one server I receive email from that now requires me
to remember to use [g]roup instead of the customary [r]eply
for every response, then call up the header screen and type
addresses manually in the to: field and edit out the cc: field.
Surely a better solution is available. ... ? 	--a

http://www.escape.com/%7Eadpf/_xypro.html ===============================