Re: printer error messages

Patricia,
Here's the situation. I can't print from EDIT.COM to LPT1 when NET USE reports this:

OK      K:    \\KRUMPET\Krumpet C    Microsoft Windows Network
OK      LPT1   \\krumpet\canonkrumpet  Microsoft Windows Network
OK      LPT2   \\krumpet\canonkrumpet  Microsoft Windows Network
OK      LPT3   \\krumpet\canonkrumpet  Microsoft Windows Network
Yet I can print from Windows (e.g., Notepad) and I can see Krumpet's files with Xy by entering:
K:
In fact, in DOS, I can log on to K: and see its files. But at the K: prompt in DOS, the following produces no result (except giving me another K: prompt):

K:>Type c:\test.txt > LPT1

Note that the file test.txt is displayed when I do:

K:>Type c:\test.txt

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx